Friday 25 February 2011

Barry & Castle


Good morning everyone, a new day and a new post.

Today I bring you news of my trip into the heart of South London. Usually me, Tom and Liv are much more likely to be spotting in the west end or visiting the sights along the south bank but today I wanted to try somewhere new so I decided along with Tom to visit Elephant & Castle.

Elephant & Castle might not seem like the most common place to visit whilst in London but it does have slightly more to offer than you may at first think. My personal favourite part of the trip was visiting the market satiated just off the busy roundabout (the roundabout I was not a fan of, the underground footpath was a bit tricky aswell, trying to figure the way out). As you can I’ve uploaded a photo of me by one of the many fruit and veg stoles on the market, I got myself some great fruit, will make a great fruit salad.
   

Having the flare for fashion that I possess I was very disappointed not to find any fashion gems hidden away on the market stoles or in the shopping center. Think I’ll have to stick to Portobello Road when it comes to clothes shopping at markets.

Another land mark I was interested in was the newly built Strata building. Coming from the same country that has produced some of the world’s greatest artists and architects, I really wasn’t a fan of the building, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I was however very impressed by the Elephant and Castle statue, situated just outside the shopping center. Unfortunately I don’t think London has all that many statues of elephants so I am very pleased to see at least they have this one. When compared to the statue elephant it just shows up even more what a tinie tiny elephant I really am.


Being an elephant living in London, somewhere with a name like Elephant & Castle can’t help but probe interest.  However I was very disappointed to learn the name has nothing to do with previous elephants residing or visiting the area. However I suppose this does make me the first elephant in the castle. Although I think I am likely to be the last, I think it’s safe to say me, Tom and Liv all prefer it north of the river and probably won’t be hurrying back in a while.


Bye for now, Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment